Sunday, September 1, 2019

Evacuation



Apparently mandatory evacuation will be ordered for our area beginning at noon tomorrow, and "contraflow" will begin at 8 am Tuesday when I-16 will open all four lanes westbound. We are fully prepared to leave, but will want to wait until Tuesday morning to make the final decision. It is now a 50-50 chance that the storm will be far enough offshore to keep us safe, or too close for comfort.

We were in Watkinsville, Georgia at Laura Lee's family farm this morning, but needed to come back for a day or so to pack up some of her work and some treasured possessions. We're ready to leave at a moment's notice, and will just be watching the storm's turn northward to see how far it goes north and east. Our decision will be made Tuesday morning.

Good luck to everyone.


1 comment:

Louise said...

Our thoughts are with you!